Dan Maskell Tennis Trust and BLM announce partnership
Published on 10/03/2020
Dan Maskell Tennis Trust and BLM are delighted to announce a new partnership whereby BLM becomes the official legal services partner to Dan Maskell Tennis Trust. In addition, BLM’s Private Wealth and Family Law team will sponsor the 2020 Recreational Wheelchair Tennis Doubles Event. (cancelled due to Coronavirus - will take place in May 2021).
This is the first partnership of its kind for Dan Maskell Tennis Trust – Chairman Sue Wolstenholme OBE commented “We were delighted when BLM approached us with the idea of working together. BLM’s reputation and the varied services they offer make them a perfect partner for the Charity. We hope to encourage our range of contacts to take advantage of their expertise in all the areas they cover. We are especially pleased that BLM will sponsor our Recreational Wheelchair Tennis Doubles Event which takes place at the Oxstalls Tennis Centre in Gloucester on the 23rd-24th May”.
BLM Senior Partner and member of the firm’s EDI steering committee, Matthew Harrington, added: “BLM is very selective about the charitable organisations with whom we partner. Beyond just being an exclusive provider of legal services to the Dan Maskell Tennis Trust and its members, BLM firmly believes that equality, diversity and inclusion are essential for all and The Trust’s work, in rehabilitating through sport, reflects our own corporate values - courage, teamwork and focus. We are a proud sponsor of the Dan Maskell Tennis Trust.”
For further information please contact Gilly English at the Dan Maskell Tennis Trust on 01737 831707, email Gilly@danmaskelltennistrust.org.uk
Notes for information:
Dan Maskell Tennis Trust is a charity (Charity No. 1133589) raising funds to support disabled people who wish to play tennis. The Trust provides specialist equipment such as tennis wheelchairs, tennis equipment and grants to individuals and groups for disability tennis programmes.
• BLM is the leading insurance and commercial risk law specialist in the UK and Ireland. With a turnover of over £100million, we advise insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates, MGAs, brokers, corporate policyholders, professional indemnifiers and other market organisations
• With more than 200 partners and 1700 staff, BLM is instructed on a broad spectrum of legal issues and acts for customers in key sectors such as construction and property, corporate risks, healthcare, insurance and indemnity, leisure, public sector, retail, technology, media and telecoms, transport and the London Market
• BLM has 13 offices across the UK and Ireland in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Londonderry, Manchester and Southampton
• BLM presently acts for 13 of the top 15 UK insurers and four of the top five global insurers
• BLM is a founder member, and UK representative, in Global Insurance Law Connect, an international alliance of 13 insurance law firms launched in June 2017
• BLM has diversified with the creation of the Commercial Advisory and Wealth business, having brought in a team of 33 lawyers in 2017, which it is now expanding with new hires
• The firm appointed Matthew Harrington as senior partner with effect from 1 March 2018